Job Description : Professional Physical Therapy is a leading provider of outpatient physical therapy and rehabilitation services in the Northeast and a certified Great Place to Work®. We are seeking a Workers Compensation Specialist. The position is responsible for account management of applicable workers compensation cases. The incumbent will verify, secure authorizations as required by insurance carriers making notification to adjusters to verify cases. In addition, this position is responsible for Account Receivable (AR) follow-up with the payers to bring accounts to claim resolution.
· Obtains all required authorizations for patient via internet and/or phone in a timely manner and at times with a sense of urgency;
· Responds promptly to inquires received from clinics either via telephone, email or tasking;
· Keeps providers abreast of patient authorization status including approvals and denials;
· Contacts insurance companies and escalates issues when authorization approvals and claim payments are not received timely;
· Reviews work ques on a daily basis to ensure productivity standards on patient account authorization and A/R follow up is maintained;
· Assists in identifying denial trends for under and over-payments by insurance carriers and escalates as necessary;
· Assists in providing resolution to unpaid, unresolved accounts with payers;
· Experience working of medical billing, account receivable follow up, with a strong emphasis on denial management and third party policy;
· Must have an understanding of insurance payor reimbursement, authorization, collection practices and practice management systems;
· Must have the ability to maintain the confidentiality of all records;
· Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks and demands given while ensuring a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
· Must have effective interpersonal and communication skills
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone : 516-359-2477
Address: 576 Broadhollow Road, Melville
State: New York
1 Year 12 Month
Salary:$20 - $25 hourly $4000 - $4500 annually
About the Company:
Professional Physical Therapy has grown to 190 outpatient clinics spanning five states throughout the Northeast. The organization employs more than 600 clinical staff among its 1,600+ employees and provides well over one million patient visits per year.
We offer full time employees benefits coverage on the first on the month after 60 days of employment which include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, employee discounts and an employee assistance program. There is an on-site gym as well.